19 | The Phantom of the Opera

Sunday, December 27, 2015

The voice! Yes, the voice. I couldn't help but squeal when I heard their voices the first time. The first one that wowed me was Carlotta. That amazing, powerful voice that is perfect for musical theaters such as this. Then miss Christine Daae and the one whose voice just melted my soul away, the Phantom himself. The emotion, the clarity, the magnitude. It's easy to be carried away. Even the stage alone can carry you away, sometimes while I was watching, I thought to myself if I was still there at APC cause it sure felt like I was where the characters were.




Oh, the Phantom! Even just the part where he sings "Chrisssttiiinneee" already melts me. At the end of the show, the other Phantoms were also there, but for me, my favorite Phantom would have to be  Ramin Karimloo. I didn't really have a high expectation entering the room where we watched the show as I've only watched a few of these types (musicals). But in the end, it blew me away. It was very sad at the end but I expected that to happen because I knew a masterpiece such as this would go with the realistic path and end it realistically. Which is for Christine Daae to leave the Phantom.



Another part that I really loved was when Christine had to play the part of this seductive character. She was really so versatile which made me love her even more! Overall, this show made me leave the room wanting more. It was that good! I do have one complaint though. They should have removed the Phantom's prosthetics! Haha!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images