20 | Ignite Speech Competition

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Ever since the start, we already have representative in mind, and that was Charella. She's just so eloquent and fluent in the English language that we all knew she would do nothing but make us proud. The other competitors were so good that they made it such a hard competition for her, but a great watch for us audience. I can only imagine how scared they all were to go up there on stage. I myself still tremble when I'm up there even though I've experienced speaking and singing there (choir and for the public speaking competition). I'm just a person who's naturally shy and is scared to even talk to my relatives on the phone. I don't know why. Haha





My favorites were of course, Charella's, the soldiers daughter, and the one who's slides were full of pictures of his block mates. He really deserved to win. He was so natural and the pacing of his speech was really good. My favorite part about his speech was the slides though. Very close to home as it had the pictures of his block mates. I don't know them personally, but I still laughed as he intended.

In the end, Cha may have choked a bit, but she's still the winner for me. She represented our block well and without reservations ( Ha!) But I want to congratulate her and all of them for a job well done and for representing their blocks well. We finally conquered our fear of public speaking.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images