1 | Salutations

Friday, September 25, 2015

At the Finale Art File


My name is Jan Michael Mil. My nickname? Jan, Jan-jan, or Mil, whatever you may wanna call. I am a man of many interests. Growing up in the peaceful, picturesque subdivision of 16-18 in Parañaque, I developed a deep appreciation for nature, an easy laid back attitude of "no worries", but admittedly, a sedentary lifestyle. I was a studious student at school with math and science based subjects as those were the subjects that I found to be quite challenging. As a boy who only moved once into a different house in his entire life, and as a boy who never tried to stray alone from his house.
One would not predict that I would find myself in the midst of a field that is heavily influenced by travelling. And yet, after taking up Tourism Management and trying to become an independent individual at the age of 19, it seems that my path is headed in this exact way


My hobbies include playing the piano, drawing, painting, playing video games in both a console and a PC, watching movies and TV series, browsing the internet, collecting action figures, and just bonding with my pets. I've first started to try to learn how to play the piano when I listened to the song "Video Games" by Lana Del Rey; It was so mellifluous. For drawing, well, I like to watch a lot of anime, but I also like to draw them and the same goes for painting. When it comes to playing video games, I basically started playing at a very young age and I have no plans of stopping in the near future. Of course, as a video game enthusiast, I also can't pass up the opportunity of watching movies and TV series, as playing video games and watching television are virtually the same. I like a series that stimulates my mind and makes me think, and that's why I'm a huge fan of the series Game of Thrones. Finally, I love animals and that's why I have six pets. Four dogs, a cat, and a parrot. For some people, they think that six is a lot, and that they're nothing but a burden. But to me, they're family. If a couple has eight children, should they give them away just because other people think having eight children is too much? That's a rhetorical question by the way. Furthermore, I actually wanted to become a zoologist. Maybe I still do?


My pets, Gucci (brown dog), Mickey (fat shih tzu), Kobe (fluffy havanese), and Cesar(bi-color eyed persian)


Lastly, let me just tell you right away that even though I love to explore and wander, I am oblivious to my surroundings half of the time, therefore, I am the type of person who just wants to live in solitude. But still, I want to make a positive impact in the world, no matter how small. And that's what I plan on doing.

A quote from my favorite movie "My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?" - David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas.




You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Continue being a good friend and person, reading your blog about yourself is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your such a very nice person. Your dog was very cute.Hehe:)

    ReplyDelete

Like me on Facebook

Flickr Images